Festive Mystery Box
We had a bit of fun in the run-up to Christmas 2023 by creating a festive-inspired mystery box to send as a thank-you to our clients and a few key prospects, showcasing some of the company’s print capabilities.
Designed by the artwork team within our production department, they had the chance to showcase their skills by designing all aspects of the box—printed, cut out, folded, and constructed. The design included festive icons like Christmas trees, baubles, snowflakes, and stars. Other icons represented core services, signage, digital display screens, publishing, and some of the sports we work with.
The box is made of E flute, containing approximately 90 flutes within a single linear foot, laminated between two sheets of board. The density of the flutes makes it crush-resistant, and with a relatively flat surface, a quality print application can be achieved. E flute is widely used in the packaging of consumer goods.
The E flute was printed on both sides, then cut out and creased on the Zund machine. It was then folded and assembled by hand. The inside of the box was designed so that the components fit snugly and were protected.
We created two sizes of boxes, each containing craft gin and chocolate sourced locally from Liverpool artisan companies, along with a printed mug, pen, and coaster.
For a bit of fun, the box was locked with a padlock, the box featuring a QR code to scan and reveal a question to crack the code to get in.
The boxes were wrapped and dispatched by a local Liverpool-based courier.
We also ran a teaser social media campaign on LinkedIn and offered a prize draw to win 2 tickets to a sporting event in 2024.
Get in touch today, if we can help with any of your projects for 2024.
📸 Capture the magic of your PPL Group mystery box! 🎁 Share photos on our LinkedIn for a shot at winning a pair of tickets to top events like a rugby international, The Open, or Wimbledon! 🎟️
- 📷 Post pictures of your box on The PPL Group’s LinkedIn.
- 🗓️ Submit entries by January 4, 2024.
- 📩 The winner will be contacted within 10 working days.
- T&C’s apply Festive Mystery Box – PPL Group (thepplgroup.com)
The PPL GROUP COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These are the terms & conditions governing competitions run by The PPL Group, (each a “Competition”). By entering the Competition, all entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter of the Competition is PPL Sport & Leisure, trading as The PPL Group, 2 De Havilland Drive, Liverpool, L24 8RN.
3. Entrants to the Competition must be resident in the UK. No employees of The PPL Group or their relatives, may enter the Competition. Only one entry per person is permitted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete applications or applications not received by The PPL Group for any reason. Any such applications will be deemed to be invalid. All Competition entrants must be over the age of 18 years of age.
4. Entries must be received at or before 11.59pm on the closing date specified in the relevant Competition documentation (the “Closing Date”). Entries submitted after this time will be deemed to be invalid.
5. The Competition winner will be chosen by The PPL Group from all qualifying entries following the Closing Date. The PPL Group will be the sole decision-maker and will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with the Competition, including but not limited to the award of any Prize (as defined below) shall be final.
6. The Competition winner will be notified by email/LinkedIn message within seven days of the Closing Date. Failure by a participant to respond and/or to provide an address/details required for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
7. Details of the Competition winner(s) (to the extent that The PPL Group is able to provide such information without breaching any contractual obligation and to the extent permitted under applicable law, including, without limitation, the Data Protection Act 1998) can be requested by writing to: The PPL Group Competitions, 2 De Havilland Drive, Liverpool, L24 8RN, giving the name of the Competition and the address to which such details should be sent.
8. In relation to the prizes to be won in connection with the Competition (each a “Prize”), The PPL Group reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of a comparable value for any Prize. There is no cash alternative for any Prize. The Prizes are non-transferable. Unless stated otherwise, no Prize includes the cost of travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred by the winner.
9. All entrants agree that if they are the winner of a Prize they will take part in any promotional activity reasonably requested by The RFU and hereby consent to the use of their name and country being supplied to other entrants in accordance with paragraph 7 above.
10. Winners of tickets are subject to the relevant terms and conditions of the issuing body, attaching to such tickets
12. Unless otherwise stated, Prizes do not include travel, accommodation or any other ancillary benefits.
13. The PPL Group reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time and for any reason, in each case at its absolute discretion. The PPL Group shall have no liability (other than for death or personal injury caused by The PPL Groups negligence or other liabilities that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded) for any loss, damage, cost or expense, whether direct or indirect, caused to entrants in connection with the competition or the prize.
14. On occasions where a social media platform (such as LinkedIn) is used as a platform for promoting The PPL Group’s competitions, the relevant social media platform(s) shall have no responsibilities or liability for the running of the Competition or selection of the winners.
15. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.